Monday, May 17, 2010

Third anniversary of turning 25

Friday I turned 28.  It doesn't seem possible that I turned 18 ten years ago!!  This weekend was challenging because Friday was my birthday.  We ordered pizza, which was better (health wise) than what my mom use to make for me on my birthday.  I LOVE creamed chipped beef, but it's LOADED with salt!  I'd have it once a year, on my birthday.  My sister offered to make it for me, but it's just not the same.  I couldn't stand to have it on my birthday since it wasn't my mom who was making for me.  So...we had pizza.  I love the pizza from Mark's, and they have a fantastic chicken broccoli pizza that I quite enjoy, so I got one of those for me to have (not a whole one, but a slice or two...it was two).  Plus, Import made me a cake, and cupcakes (of which I sadly did not treat myself to)!  So, Friday I indulged myself, but I had made sure to eat ultra healthy during the day, and leading up to it, so that I could indulge a little. 

Import and I brought Little One to my sister's house on Saturday so that we could go on a much needed date, and along with bringing her Little One, we also brought her what was left of the cupcakes to share with her husband and two kids.  I am very proud of myself, and I didn't dive into the leftover cake at all, even though it smelled SO good!

Now it's back to a new week.  I haven't weighed myself yet, but will soon.  Even if I don't see a loss, at least I know I am making strides in the right direction.  From keeping track about what I'm eating, I've discovered that I do not eat nearly enough fruit a veggies.  If I have oatmeal for breakfast, I add blueberries to it, so there's one serving, and then at dinner is another.  Way too often, those are the only times I eat any during the day!  Need to get on top of that!

Right now Little One and I are enjoying some whole wheat pasta with zucchini, yellow summer squash, and diced tomatoes.  Surprisingly little one LOVES it!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kangaroo Momma! You were the winner of the 3 cloth diapers on change-diapers.com You did not leave your email address, and it isn't visible in your profile. Please email me at change.diapers.change.the.world at gmail dot com within 48 hours to claim your prize, or it will be forfeited. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just wanted to let you know (for when you do eventually see this) that I've had to draw a new winner since I didn't receive a response from you. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete