Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yogurt = YUCK!

I have this thing with texture.  There are some foods I LOVE the feeling of when I bite into them, or when they're rolling around in my mouth, and there are some that I CAN'T stand because of the feeling of biting into them or them on my mouth. 

One of those that I can't stand is yogurt*!  I don't know what it is, but I just can't stand it!  I took my mom's yogurt maker from my dad's house when I was there, and I'm planning on making some yogurt for my little one.  But, before that I thought that I would try yogurt again.  I put a cup of yogurt in a glass with some wheat germ, blueberries, and strawberries. 

It looked pretty good, so I put a huge spoonful in my mouth and thought I was going to be sick!  YUCK!  It was a mixture of the texture of the yogurt and the fact that it was plain yogurt.  I even gave some to little one and he spit it out, so at least I know it wasn't just me! 

So instead of having a nice yogurt for breakfast I had egg whites and toast, it made me miss my college days.  I'd meet a friend of my mine at the dining hall and she'd have egg whites, dry wheat toast, and milk for breakfast.  Or, cereal with OJ on it! 



*The only yogurt I've found that I can eat and not want to gag the whole time is Yoplait whips.  I think it's because they make my tongue tingle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment